Thursday 5 December 2013

Hairspray

Pixie *grumpily*: You need to make a new rule, Mama. "No using Mummy's brush in the shower". Buggles doesn't know this rule and now my hair is all wet.
Me: Why were you using my brush? There is a rule about that too.
*Pixie vagues out and walks away*


******************************************************
 
There are four girls living in my house. We have two bathrooms, even between the four of us you would think that would be enough. You would be wrong.
 
But now, the key point, in case any of you are not aware of this, teenagers take a lot of time to get ready in the morning and, apparently, require a lot of stuff (I don't know how I missed all this earlier).
 
I have six younger siblings, and I spent years thinking that when I moved out of home I would be able to leave my stuff in the bathroom and no-one would touch it. I didn't take into account three daughters when developing this master plan. Doesn't matter what I say or do, people still touch my stuff! I use the term "people" loosely; it pretty much only applies to the girls, and one or two others, I don't think  random strangers break into my house and use my brush and my make-up and my hair products - although some days, I believe anything is possible.
 
I am thinking about installing an anti-child barrier on my bathroom, but so far no-one has been able to suggest anything that would actually work. If anything my bathroom is a child-attracting zone. (The theory seems to be: if Mummy is in the shower or doing her hair or make-up we can corner her!). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
 
PS In case anyone thinks they are suffering, they do have their own brushes and other things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment