Friday 9 January 2015

The year that was ... and the year that will be

For those of you who missed the post on the facebook page, my infants have been abandoned for most of this week. This does make it a little hard to write about them. I thought I would write anyway. Just in case you were wondering what has happened to us.

The girls got me a super awesome cookie jar for Christmas. (Amazing op-shop find. I don't think I am supposed to know that, but I think it makes it even cooler).

"Whoo. Whoo. Whoo stole the cookies from the cookie jar?"
(It actually says this).
Despite the fabulousness of a cookie jar that talks and is an owl, I am not keeping cookies in this jar. Instead I am using it as a "Year of Awesomisation" jar (Pixie made me call it that). Basically the idea is that every day you write something-that-made-you-happy/a-nice-memory/something-that-you-are-thankful-for onto a slip of paper and you put it into the jar. At the end of the year you can look back and see all the great things.

So far I have written most days.

Pixie has pointed out very smugly that she did this last year, but no-one else did it with her. She lasted for two days.

Tink keep asking what the "rules" are. She wants to be sure she is doing it correctly.

Buglet grunted. She is happy for us to amuse ourselves, but has no interest in taking part.

You can't blame a girl for trying!

In the spirit of positive reflection, here are 14 things we accomplished in 2014 ....

  1. We all survived the 30 insane weeks of me working full time and studying part time with assignments due almost every week.
  2. The girls (respectively) survived their last year of lower high school/first year of high school/last year of primary school.
  3. I was admitted as a lawyer.
  4. I painted my bedroom.
  5. I cleaned out my walk-in-robe (this is worthy of it's own mention. I also considered cleaning out under my bed as being its own thing, but I refrained).
  6. My pond is finally in, complete with water feature.
  7. I was admitted to practice as a lawyer.
  8. This blog came into existence (and Kris' Angels).
  9. I went on my first real holiday in over 10 years (no children, no Guide stuff, and no work ... well and only 1 facebook message to the office).
  10. I became an auntie again ... four times!
  11. I recruited three new Guide leaders to my unit.
  12. Buglet spent her first year helping to teach at dance.
  13. Tink was on the student council.
  14. Pixie was a faction captain.
And we survived all the usual life things that happen.

Right ... now on to 2015's challenges!

Happy Friday everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment