Thursday 20 November 2014

One giant leap ....

NEWSFLASH!!!

My girls are getting big.

This is probably not a shock for anyone else other than me (and most days I realise it, but I've had one of those weeks where it hit home).

Pixie had her high school orientation day. Not only that, when I have her the talk about remembering some kids won't know anyone and making sure that she includes other people she informed me that "A and I have already discussed that. I remember what it was like when I did PEAC and didn't know anyone." Squashed I tell you!

Pixie had a great day, admittedly she had the added bonuses of having two sisters already at the school, and she had spent a morning a week there last year doing an academic extension program. She also made a new friend who is in her TAG (form/homeroom), who didn't know anyone. They've made plans to meet on the first day of next year which is lovely. Hopefully the Pixie won't forget.

This year has been Tink's first year at high school, and she has embraced it whole heartedly (soccer academy of excellence, academic extension program, extra music, student council). Pixie has spent most of the year telling me that she is not going to be like Tink.

There are definitely some sisterly traits though ...

Me: How was your day?
Pixie: I answered lots of stuff. When the teacher asked how did I know so much I told her that I had sisters here. Except when I knew the name of the D&T teacher. I told her Uncle S was a family friend.

My conversation with Tink 12 months ago ....

Tink: When I was in D&T I was the only one who answered any questions. When the teacher asked how I knew what the names of the tools were I told him that my dad was a boilermaker, and that the names were written on the wall.

Look out high school, all three of them will be there next year!

But for the minute ... time can you please hold still? Between Pixie counting down how many days left until the end of primary school, Tink heading off on her first overseas trip, and Buglet telling me how many days until she can get her L's, I need to a few moments to pause to readjust my life view.

Disclaimer:
  • It is doubtful I am qualified to give parenting advice, there is still time for me to stuff up.
  • I am not even allowed to give legal advice without supervision.
I would recommend finding more reliable sources for any advice of any nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment