Yesterday I had to text Tink's soccer coach and say the reason she wasn't at training was partly because I forgot it was Tuesday. I blame Pixie for telling me it was Wednesday. This excuse is a lot flimsier when you realise I was at work, in front of a computer, with emails telling me what day it was, but I am sticking to it.
But I am in the final countdown of my course (3 weeks and 2 days to go), it is mid-year, and I am just tired. I would like to say that as a long-time uni student I am very much used to 13 teaching weeks at most. This 30 week course business is killing me.
Then today, when it I was just over it all, I was reminded in no uncertain terms how wonderful life is:
- My sister-in-law made her facebook announcement that my beautiful new niece has been born, so I got to tell the world too (and have a cupcake). I messaged my sisters to brag that I have a new niece, and one sister messages back and ....
- Tells me I have a new nephew too. She acquired a new (foster) son today! How often do you get to announce you're an auntie again twice over on the same day unless it is twins?!
- I had two cupcakes. I had already had one in celebration of my new niece, so I had to have one in honour of my new nephew too. You can't play favourites.
- One of my gorgeous friends checked in to see if the girls were well enough for her to have yet. I don't feel guilty about abandoning my babies on people if they offer. (Tink is still sick so I am keeping her, and Buglet hasn't been 100% and wants to go to the movies with a friend tomorrow. Mother-guilt also removed now I don't need her to babysit the Pixie. I try very hard not to exploit the big two).
- One of the Pixie's God-fathers (aka the abovementioned friend's husband) picked her up so I got to have a coffee with him. Massive bonus because I haven't seen him in ages ...
- ... and he fixed some random stuff on my computer which have been bugging me.
- I have a wonderful work place ...
- ... some clever person invented template letters which has made my life sooooo much easier today.
- Another wonderful friend has had two job interviews, which makes me so happy.
- Text messages.
- Winter nights that were made for pasta and a red wine and snuggly pyjamas (and my awesome new pyjamas - I don't care that I have mentioned them before. I love them).
|Random picture from the farm, because going to the farm just makes me happy.|
I always come home relaxed and refreshed :)
Counting my blessings today, and some of them I am counting twice xx